Oct 15, 2008

I learned something today


While not quite as tongue in cheek as Kyle from South Park, at the end of just about every wedding I shoot I usually have at least one thing I’ve learned and written down in my reporter’s notebook.

It can be something as simple as an angle & lighting scheme that worked good, advice to give to couples about bridal party portraits, how to work better with other vendors, or in the worst case, something that can go horribly wrong that could have been avoided.

I can see this blog becoming a must read (or a hardly read if I don’t promote it) for any couple searching for a wedding photographer in Chicago (where I am), or elsewhere in the world. It might also be very informational for upstart wedding photographers. If you are the later, at least show me some love on the comment or link side.

In all likely hood this blog will be written at the start in an order similar to that following where a couple looking for a wedding photographer would start. While reading newer posts most likely won’t place you at a disadvantage, like starting algebra before take math 101, reading from oldest to newest might be an easier read for some.

DISCLAIMER TO ALL OF MY FORMER COUPLES:
If any stories, or references I make sound like your wedding... Well it just might be, but you’d also be surprised that they often sound like a few other weddings I’ve shot as well. Exact names, locations and dates will mostly be left out. Obviously since I’m a photographer I will be displaying images in this blog. I promise that I will not be posting anything I wouldn’t post from my own wedding. If anyone does have issues with images that are posted please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment