Oct 16, 2008

About The Wedding Photog Blog


Hello, my name is Vincent David Johnson and I’m a photographer.

ABOUT ME:
While I do weddings, I do not consider myself a “Wedding Photographer”, nor do I consider my work to fall under the terminology of “Wedding Photography”. At least not outside of the fact that it is indeed photography that I am doing at a wedding, the comparison stops there for me.

First and foremost I am a photographer. To be a little more specific you can say I am a Photojournalist, as I went to college and received a degree in Photojournalism and I currently can be found shooting for several Midwestern papers & magazines. But long before that I was just a kid with a camera who had an eye for capturing moments, more so than working abstract meanings into my images. Which is why I will never refer to myself as an artist (partially because I think it’s pretentious), but I’ve come to grips with others who refer to me as one.

At first I wanted nothing to do with photographing weddings, but after I was involved in my own wedding and weddings of a few friends and family, I was genuinely excited to be around new brides and grooms, as the myth of Bridezillas seems to have been over exaggerated. Of course I’ve seen brides go ballistic at a wedding, but this has almost always been due to vendors who have screwed up big time, or intoxicated family members who have made an ass of themselves.

ABOUT THIS BLOG:
From what I gathered by doing a little blog reading, is that most blogs seem to be about the person who writes them, that persons opinions and in some cases what that person is doing every minute of everyday of their life.

The most popular blogs seemed to be ones that provided either insider/exclusive details about something the blogger is an expert or very knowledgeable about, or its something that the reader finds informative and helpful towards their own life. I’m hoping this turns out to be the latter, as opposed to people reading this hoping to hear about a train wreck wedding situation.

While I won’t guarantee this will be the only time I write about myself, I can say that my main goal is to provide tid-bits for my would-be-brides to read on days leading up to their wedding day.

My friends will tell you that I can talk forever, so I will stop here, but if you’d like to find out more about who I am and what I do visit www.OtherVertical.com, www.VincentDavidJohnson.com & www.LostAmericana.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment